The Ferrari 315 S was a sports racing car produced by Ferrari in 1957.
The model was intended to succeed the Ferrari 290 MM, which had won the
1956 Mille Miglia.
The 315 S mounted a frontal V12 engine at 60°, with two valves per
cylinder and four chain-driven overhead camshafts, for a total
displacement of 3,783.40 cc (230.9 cu in). Maximum power was 360 PS (265
kW; 355 hp) at 7800 rpm, for a maximum speed of 290 km/h.
The Ferrari 315 S drivers took the first two positions in the 1957 Mille
Miglia, Piero Taruffi being the winner in his last race, followed by
Wolfgang von Trips. A 315 S finished third at the Nürburgring and fifth
at Le Mans but was then largely replaced by the 335 S. The victory of a
Ferrari 335 S in Venezuela and the retirement of the Maseratis granted
Ferrari the World Sports Car Championship.
The change in regulations for the World Sports Car championship to a
3-litre engine limit for 1958 meant the 315 S was replaced by the 250
This resin model is from Top Model, it was sourced from a private
collection in February 2020