The Delage D6 was a six-cylinder luxury car produced by the manufacturer
between 1930 and 1940 and again, after the war, between 1946 and 1953.
(The final cars were still receiving their bodies from specialist coach
builders and being listed for sale during 1954.) For much of this time
it was the company’s principal or, from 1946, only model.
For 1937 Delage presented the D6-70. The car was effectively a rebadged
D6-60S, which in turn was a derivation of the D6-60. The D6-70 sat on
the same 3,150 mm (124 in) wheelbase as the D6-60 which was withdrawn
from sale a few months after its launch. The car’s straight-six engine
was of 2729 cc displacement and was not shared with any Delahaye.
Maximum output is listed as 78 hp (58 kW) though as before,
sources differ. The D6-70 seems to have been the star of the Delage
6-cylinder range at this time, with some particularly elegant bodies
provided such as the “Coach Panoramique” 2-door sports saloon from
Letourneur & Marchand, a Chapron cabriolet bodied car depicted in the
1937 Delage catalogue and a particularly well balanced “Berline”
(saloon/sedan) from Autobineau.
This diecast model is by Rio and was sourced from Lacy Scott & Knight
Auctioneers in August 2016