The 1956/7 500 TRC was an altered version of the successful 500 TR of
the previous year. The most significant changes were made to comply with
Annex C of the International Racing Code, resulting in the "C" added to
the model's name. In order to follow these regulations, Ferrari widened
the cockpit, added a passenger side door, fitted a full width windscreen
with wipers, installed a 120 liters (32 U.S. gal) fuel tank and even
added a stowable convertible top. The Scaglietti-built body, while
similar to that of the 500 TR, had a lower hood and slightly reshaped
wheel arches and fenders. Another change from the 500 TR was the longer
2,350 mm (93 in) wheelbase, derived from the 860 Monza. Suspension
featured coil springs all around with a live rear axle. Like the 500 TR,
the car weighed only 680 kg (1,500 lb), and produced 180 hp (132 kW).
Ferrari manufactured a total of 19 500 TRC chassis between 1956 and
1957. This model was the last 4-cylinder racing car built by Ferrari.
This resin model is by Renaissance, it was sourced from a private
collection in April 2018