The MG P-type is a sports car that was produced by MG from 1934 to 1936.
This 2-door sports car used an updated version of the Wolseley
Motors-designed and made overhead camshaft, crossflow engine, used in
the 1928 Morris Minor and previously fitted in the J-type Midget of 1932
to 1934, driving the rear wheels through a four-speed non-synchromesh
gearbox. The chassis was a strengthened and slightly longer version of
that used in the earlier J-type with suspension by half-elliptic springs
all round with rigid front and rear axles.
The first PA used an 847 cc (51.7 cu in) engine similar to the J-Type's,
now with a 3-bearing crankshaft, improved camshaft, and twin OM-model SU
carburettors. It produced 36 bhp (27 kW) at 5,500 rpm, allowing a top
speed of approximately 74 mph (119 km/h), and a 0–50 mph (80 km/h) time
of 20 seconds. In 1935, a two-seater roadster cost £222. 1,973 PAs were
made, 27 of which were eventually converted to PBs.
This unidentified kit was completed and finished by Tony Smith of