This general purpose four-wheel trailer was released in 1935 and remained in production for 31 years until 1965. It started life as 25g and was renumbered 429 in 1954. there are four phases in its development. The earliest had the drawbar made of pressed tin, had the tow hook on the back cast in and the front bogey pivoted on a rivet which had its head showing through the loadbed.
The first development was in 1947 when the tinplate drawbar was replaced with a wire form. The following year the cast-in hook was replaced with the familiar tinplate hook and in 1954 the front bogey was changed to swivel on a pin cast into the underside of the loadbed giving a smooth upper surface.
Throughout its production it has been available in a range of colours and when it was renumbered and placed in individual boxes in 1954 it was restricted to red or green as pictured on the box. As this trailer was produced in millions over more than 30 years they are not rare and values are modest. Look out for the 1935 release in dark blue or green or either of the last release colours, red or green in their boxes.